Help seasonal nasal allergy sufferers get through the season!
Allergy Tips to Help Get You Through Allergy Season
In addition to a prescription for Dymista, have these helpful tips on hand.
- Avoid outdoor activity when pollen counts are highest.
- Avoid grasses like Timothy, Johnson, Bermuda, Orchard, Sweet Vernal, and Kentucky Bluegrass—they are the greatest pollen offenders
- Get a breath of fresh air. Clean air filters in your home frequently
- When pollen is lurking keep your doors and windows tightly shut
- Showers don't always mean flowers! After heavy rains, pollen counts are lower.
- They love you not: Avoid daisies, sunflowers, jasmine, and smaller flowers with little color—they're pollen machines.
- Wish that pollen right out of your hair after you have been outdoors especially if the pollen counts is high that day.
- Better to find other ways to save energy! Drying your freshly washed clothing in a household dryer is the best way to rid them of pollen.
- Pollen often takes a siesta in the afternoon. Why not enjoy a fiesta of outdoor fun then?
- Tiptoe through the tulips—they're less likely to cause misery. So are begonias, azaleas, dahlias, gladiolas, crocuses, and roses
- Wash pillowcases regularly with hot water to remove pollen—you'll have sweater dreams.
- Give pollen the white glove treatment by cleaning bookshelves, vents, windowsills, and other areas where the little monsters can settle.